Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Rudyard Kipling

Rudyard Kipling had a big impact on me when growing up.  When I was little I would read and reread the Just So Stories like chocolates.  Then, when I was in college, I picked up The Light that Failed, and it taught me several lessons about determination, ways one can live, and the need to appreciate the gifts we have.  In appreciation, I drew him as one of my Valentine series (2014).  I am still in pursuit of a style, and I adore patterns, ink, watercolors, and chaos.  I have not figured out how to incorporate the last characteristic!  I would love to mash together Mucha and Steadman art to create something different.  The four authors I did each helped me continue growing in drawing the oh so challenging face.


1 comment:

  1. these are so cool! i sure do love my ray bradbury :)

    ReplyDelete