There is a fabulous website that really gets me itching to draw, and I finally had the time to do it! It pulls up cool old National Geographic photos. I sketched this photo of a woman in Toledo in 1924 in about two hours.
Things I like:
- Textural editing - I am trying to learn where to add my own artistic decisions such as the texture I gave the sleeves.
- The facial expression was one of my better attempts. Still working on that topic!
- The mix of soft and hard edges (like from main dress to the detailing)
Things I need to work on:
- Her face was too round in the end.
- Consistent lines where needed (like in the fan).
- Hands. Ugh.
- ▼ 2014 (8)
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (24)
- ► 2011 (69)