Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bull Skull

BullSkull by melbergink
BullSkull, a photo by melbergink on Flickr.

Water polo was extra intense the other day. I don't have a full on black eye, but the ridge of my left eye socket has interesting purple hues. Fortunately, it's right where I apply eye shadow! Hurrah! I'm also finding some goose eggs on my skull today. Geesh. I purposefully played against our toughest team members to build up some skills, but I'm feeling the consequences today. Still worth it!

So, here is a skull, since it is topical. The horns were originally white with some black texture lines. I needed some value contrast, so I went to town with a thick Sharpie in the horns. I did it sloppily with the plan of filling in the white with fine tipped pen, but then liked the sloppy effect for texture. Happy unintended technique!

No comments:

Post a Comment