Friday, October 12, 2012

The First Postage Stamp

My mom is brilliant, FYI.  One of the most creative people I know, so I must give her the credit of this wonderful idea of how to decorate the wall in my house that has been nagging me with its emptiness.  Everyone says, "Hey, you should paint a mural on this wall!"  They don't know how mercurial I am.  I have always wanted a tattoo, but I have my personal rule of knowing exactly what and where without change for a year.  I gave up even thinking about it a decade ago.  I can't even keep to the same style for more than a painting in a row.  So here is Mom's idea - since I love the mail system and old weird stamps, make each painting a stamp.  That way each one can have its own color scheme and style!  Also, I don't have to stick to one theme.  The perforations would unite them all!

Thanks Ma!

I knew exactly what I wanted to do for my first one.  Antisana in Ecuador.  When people tell you, "Close your eyes and visit a calming place..." I go back to Antisana.  When I am scared, I think of Antisana.  When I am overwhelmed, I think of Antisana.




Now what to do for my next one...?

2 comments:

  1. what a cool idea!! maybe you can make a stamp of the louvre :) OR the reno skyline? tahoe? can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete