Sunday, January 22, 2012

Part 2 of 3: Advent Numbers


Hallelujah!  I am hoping this was the most tedious time-consuming aspect.  Each pocket has a hand-embroidered number and was machine-sewn into pockets.  It was very awkward fitting this under the sewing machine.

Phew.

My next goal is to get the birds done.  Sometime before November 30th.  (Yay!  The fun part!)


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Part 1 of 3: Advent Background

Okay, so it took the entirety of the last day of break to figure out the measurements of this relatively simple design (plus another trip to Hobby Lobby). My only not-so-small problem is that I realized after sewing everything that felt has its own bias of sorts... that I did not use. The result is buckling around the edges and around the base of the tree. I must put that knowledge in the experience bucket and accept a little awkward bulging in areas. I hope it does not worsen with the pockets sewn on later!

Part two will be to embroider the numbers of each day on the pockets and then sew them onto the backing. While I wanted a 24 day set up, a 4x6 or 6x4 just did not look right, so I opted for all 25 days (5x5). I hope to finish this part by the end of the month.

Part three will be the fun part! Making the "ornaments" for the tree! I hope just to do them as inspiration hits, and my goal is to complete them before November 30th (logically!).