The drawing for today was really challenging because I did not draw it while observing. Rather, I focused on observing and retaining those observations for when I was back at the Hacienda. Details like sleeve-styling and shoes were tricky!
This was the extra "add-on" day at the Hacienda, so we visited a nearby town to see waterfalls and native instrument making. On the way home, we stopped by Otavalo again to pick up a few more presents and hunt for this ADORABLE little alpaca toy. I turned into a little girl once we found it. Evidence: for the rest of the trip I pulled him out of the luggage and sat him near a window so he could have a good view. Last Saturday, Otavalo was CRAZY packed, plus I had a major headache. The market was much more toned down, and I felt better this time. Much enjoyed.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (24)
- Guess that teacher!
- Before and After Classroom
- The Last Page
- Day 33: The Long Journey Home
- Day 32: Cock of the Rock
- Day 31: Hummers and ferns and bugs, oh my!
- Day 30: Up to Bella Vista
- Day 29: Peguche
- Day 28: Cuy, Llamas, and Gardens
- Day 27: Otavalo Market
- Day 26: North and South
- Day 25: Antisana
- Day 24: Adios San Cristobal, Hola Quito!
- Day 23: Last Day at Jatun Sacha
- Day 22: Sick Sick Sick
- Day 21: Last Day in the Port
- Day 20: Four-Day Trip Recap
- Day 19: Busy, busy Santa Cruz
- Day 18: Isleta Tintorera
- Day 17: Great View, Horrible Guide
- Day 16: Four-Day Trip Commence!
- ▼ August (21)