Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 28: Cuy, Llamas, and Gardens


Today we explored a volcanic crater lake (lame boat tour), but the food was, um, interesting! Poor Squeakers! Guinea pigs were on the menu today, and we swore that we heard their little squeaking as we hiked up to the restaurant. They are wild there.

That evening at the Hacienda, I went on a photoshoot of the gardens. Of course, it does not capture their beauty. The only bummer aspect of the Hacienda were the meals; $20 per person for bland food. We even tried their cuy (guinea pig), but it was not nearly as good as the other restaurant's. I did enjoy the majority of the Hacienda's soups though!

I enjoy hanging out with llamas but was very wary of their spitting capabilities...

(Note on the sketch: I am bummed, but the scan leeched out my light grays!)

Cuy by melbergink
Cuy, a photo by melbergink on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive