Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 25: Antisana


20110707-117.jpg by melbergink
20110707-117.jpg, a photo by melbergink on Flickr.

The next biggest highlight of the trip would be Antisana. What a surreal ecosystem and awesome volcano. Awesome appropriately used. Giant picture dump - from magical moss to burnt sock evidence.

I have such strange fears that develop at night. I don’t know why, but I have such a detailed, active imagination. And you know when you think, “Don’t think of the color red!” then all you can do is think of the color red. That’s how my fears manifest and stay. So as I was lying in the hostel trying to think of everything but all of the horrible things that can occur in a foreign country, I pictured Antisana. The concept of it was like trying to visualize geologic time with cool snowy goodness and smothers out puny, little human worries. Blissful sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive