Saturday, July 16, 2011
I am officially BACK! Hurrah! I have so many pictures and a jam packed journal that I need to share. To avoid overwhelming myself and you, I am going to update one day, every day over a span of about a month. My journal has 35 full spreads and two half spreads. I was gone for 33 days, so I have one spread a day, two "bonus" spreads, and two half pages (sort of like intro and a "The End" pages). For each entry I'll let the journal page tell the story and will add little comments to either the actual occurrences of the day or contemplations on the actual drawing itself. I'll also add a link (or actual photo) to my Flickr account of my favorite picture of the day. If there is not photo or link, then no pictures were taken that day. If there is a photo, that suggests that there has been an update to my Flickr account with MANY new photos. I went a little nuts, but come on, it's ECUADOR! So check out m Flickr account to see the rest.
Below is the first half page ("Intro") that I worked on in the airports and airplanes. I wanted to get a lay of the land, literally. This way I could start recognizing the islands. I added in some animals that I hoped to see. My reference was the guidebook to Ecuador, but I tried to use an olde world style for fun! Doesn't Isabela look like a seahorse? Our guide pointed that out later in the trip.
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (24)
- Whoa - no pictures today! We headed back last nig...
- Day 14: Relaxing with Darwin Finches and the Ever-...
- Day 13: Depressing Museum, Making Friends with Loc...
- Day 12: Back to Town and the Loberia
- Day 11: Heavy Lifting with a View
- Day 10: Routine Settled
- Day 9: Looking Up Through the Sweat
- Day 8: Taming the New Area
- Day 7: Escape to Kicker Rock
- Day 6: Becoming Familiar with Town
- Day 5: Friday = Head to the Ports!
- Day 4: The Work Begins
- Day 3: Flight to San Cristobal and Settling In
- Day 2: A Day in Quito
- Day 1
- Ecuador Journal
- Galapagos Post #4 (The Last)
- Galapagos post #3
- ▼ July (18)