Monday, July 25, 2011

Day 9: Looking Up Through the Sweat

At this point I finally felt like I had a routine at Jatun Sacha, so I was finally comfortable enough to really notice the details around me. I randomly picked a tree to draw, and it happened to be the tree that identifies that habitat.

Today I went on a horrible hike to a fantastic destination. The path was not horrible, but the marching pace was. I felt like I was jogging! Anyway, it was a scary experience for me, but I actually chat about it on tomorrow’s page. Why let you know now? Because I am posting pictures from it today. We hiked to the spot where Darwin and the Beagle FIRST made land on the Galapagos. How cool is that!?

In the evening we had a large bonfire that took forever to start because it was so damp out. One of the volunteers was an extraordinarily talented musician. He not only serenaded us with songs we all loved, but some of his own creations. He was so good that I forgave him for playing the oh-so cliché, Hotel California.

20110621-188.jpg by melbergink
20110621-188.jpg, a photo by melbergink on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive