Sunday, July 17, 2011
Click the image to see a larger version. I'll also be posting all journal pages in a Flickr set. I WILL NOT DIGITALLY EDIT ANY JOURNAL PAGES. I will tweak the color so it is as close to the original as possible, but any mistakes, errors, etc. will be left as is.
First day of the journey - mostly traveling. We did not get in until verrrry late that night! I brought my Pentel pocket brush, but changes in altitude made it temperamental. It was smudging/exploding randomly, so I decided to shelve it for the trip. Also, after this page I decided that I need to start thinking about layout. In general, all future pages are either horizontal or vertical, not a mix like this one. No pictures today, but tomorrow was the first day in Quito, so pictures will be coming manana.
I need to go back to Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf to see if that magically named tea really exists, or if it was just a special day!
Added note: I went to Coffee Bean's website and found Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearl Tea listed, but when you click on the link, it goes to a File 404. Magical mystery continued!
- ► 2013 (26)
- ► 2012 (24)
- Whoa - no pictures today! We headed back last nig...
- Day 14: Relaxing with Darwin Finches and the Ever-...
- Day 13: Depressing Museum, Making Friends with Loc...
- Day 12: Back to Town and the Loberia
- Day 11: Heavy Lifting with a View
- Day 10: Routine Settled
- Day 9: Looking Up Through the Sweat
- Day 8: Taming the New Area
- Day 7: Escape to Kicker Rock
- Day 6: Becoming Familiar with Town
- Day 5: Friday = Head to the Ports!
- Day 4: The Work Begins
- Day 3: Flight to San Cristobal and Settling In
- Day 2: A Day in Quito
- Day 1
- Ecuador Journal
- Galapagos Post #4 (The Last)
- Galapagos post #3
- ▼ July (18)