Tuesday, March 22, 2011

8 month anniversary!

From this...
to this!

Aw, it's been 8 months since I started using my kit. It's so messy now! The contents have evolved a bit. Lightweight paper has become all-media paper. I switched brands of waterbrushes (Koi to Niji), and I added a Pentel pocket brush (black). I am SO much more comfortable with mixing colors, but have SO much more to learn! I have to admit that I am backing off a little bit recently because I am also trying to increase time for two other activities: running (jog/walk achsually) and learning Spanish. However, I do not want to lose the continuous momentum I have had for 8 months. I have 58 pages (29 front and back) filled in my all-media journal, and I love recording my memories with it.

I will be taking a trip to the Galapagos this summer, and I think I may buy a new journal (less pages though) solely for that journey to try to fill with comments, sketches, paints, and taped tickets/ephemera. The first journal I ever really completed was for the wonderful trip I took with Erin in Europe. I treasure that book so much now. I can't write a diary for the life of me, but I love sketching it out!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, the Galapagos?! I'm so jealous of the southward journeys people are doing these days!
    I admire your commitment. I've hardly done any art these days, let alone watercolors. It's on the list, but the list never shrinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Mel! Talk of Galapagos breeds wanderlust. Can't wait to see yer rendentions of that place:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. serious-8 months?! Glad it's messy!

    ReplyDelete