Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Journal

I got a new natural-toned sketchbook last month and have finally started to add in to it. I want to draw with only gray tones and white. I picked up Faber-Castell's brush pens in shades of gray and two pens for white. One was a poster-paint Sharpie white and the other a gel pen. I'm still experimenting with what to use. I'd like to keep this journal mainly imagination based without references, but of course I already broke that rule. One of the drawings was a challenge from a student. He sent me a picture of a crazy car to draw. I did not have a pencil with me, so like my watercolor sketches I drew it straight with pen in the airport terminal waiting for my flight back to Phoenix. It was really, really hard. The other sketches are to keep my imagination active now that I am continuing my other journal that is all from reference.

4 comments:

  1. Trees are awesome, car rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm partial to the balloon. Absolutely adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the trees. Knight Rider, move over!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all amazing. I'm partial to the deer. Amazing as always!

    ReplyDelete