Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Summer unfinished business

Yes, yes, I am crazy busy with the new school year, but to fill the gap I wanted to post some things from the summer that I haven't put up yet. These were items that I didn't complete, but I like them already and didn't want to overdo. However, they need a tiny little something, and I still want to ponder them more.

This pelican stamp was in the dollar bin - insane! It is adorable! I would eat him up if I wouldn't be choking on plastic stamp. I used the bamboo from an Asian style stamp set to make a dock look. However, something is still missing. Ideas?

The sailing adventurer that I wish I could be (thanks to reading the ENTIRE Aubrey/Maturin series) makes me love this. I used a Tim Holtz stencil for the compass rose. Isn't it lovely that it is called a "compass rose"? How romantic and utilitarian - just my style. But once again, not happy yet, but I don't want to ruin it...

1 comment:

  1. I like these. I'd say the pelican needs a fish nearby.

    ReplyDelete