Sunday, August 1, 2010

Out of Africa, and more sketches

Cute critters from Out of Africa in Camp Verde, AZ. I wish I had time to sit and draw the big cats. I guess that is a good excuse to go back. Also, I got to give a giraffe a KISS! It took a treat that I was holding in my teeth. Did you know that their tongues are dark so they don't get sunburned?

It was also super muddy from the monsoons, but actually cool in temperature. I got to officially put the sketch kit in full force, I was standing for the majority of these sketches.

And other random sketches...Trying to work on perspective. I checked out this awesome book from the lovely Red Mountain Library. Awesome and hard - now I look at buildings and they are like logic puzzles!
Some bones from Adam's sweet anatomy book. Amazing pictures.
Playing with line thickness and shapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment