Monday, July 26, 2010

First journal entries

Okay, using the watercolors now! Excuse the rough visuals, I tried taking pictures instead of scanning AND I am trying to work on actions in photoshop. The next batch will be much more polished - even if they are images of sketches. I'm using a journal that is not intended for watercolor, and if I show enough steadfastness to get through this journal, I am going to get a large reporter-style Moleskine. The design is brilliant, and it is no surprise that I'm seeing it over and over again in sketchblogs.

However, in my journal, I have many pages of doodles, color mixing, and ink/watercolor. Here are the images that I actually sat down to draw with intent.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so happy you are blogging these! I'll get you to illustrate a children's book yet! Love the chest drawing...we bought a new television the week you were born, and then the chest as a stand; but you already know that, I'm just reminiscing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember that! I also remember standing in line FOREVER at Sears to buy a microwave because, "the baby will need it". LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see illustrations for a children's book too! I seem to recall a similar cat toy in the paws of Tarzy?

    ReplyDelete
  4. When Angie was a baby, it was cloth diapers and bottle warmers. Ahh, my little Chickadee, you changed my world to microwaves and Pampers!

    ReplyDelete